Friday, April 30, 2010

Does anyone know Dick Benson?

This morning Brett asked if I would bring his presentation and our projector to his class to share. He set it all up in the living room to make sure it worked first and then put it all together for me to bring. I sent his teacher an email asking if she wanted me to come in and then I checked my email frequently because I knew they had snack at 10:30am and I knew he would be persistent with her. Abby and I went in and Brett shared his presentation. He sat on my lap and answered their questions. One girl said she would have been too scared to talk in front of the Rotary Club, and Brett said, "Yes, you've shared that with me before." I told them that Brett was scared before his talk, but he just did it and that I was really afraid to talk to Mrs. Goodman, but you can't be afraid to help people. Then he asked, "Does anyone know Dick Benson?" One of the girls had a father in the Rotary Club and another boy knew him too.
I took the opportunity in the classroom to tell them that you don't need to have website or raise money to help the world. I said if you are just nice to the people in your classroom you can make the world more peaceful. I enjoyed being in the classroom in that way and thought brett and could possibly inspire other kids in other classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment